Los Angeles personal injury and wrongful death attorney Howard Kornberg provides the following resources for people seeking information on the law and assistance with injuries brought about by an automobile accident or other motor vehicle collision involving cars, trucks, buses, and aftermarket vehicles. If you need legal representation arising out of an accident, contact a Los Angeles auto accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg today for a free consultation.
California Legal Resources
- California Courts
- California Court of Appeals
- California Supreme Court
- Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Orange County Superior Court
- California Legal Code
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Court Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Motor Vehicle Accident and Safety Resources
- The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety is dedicated to saving lives and reducing injuries on the road through education and research.
- Advocates for Highway Safety encourages the adoption of federal and state laws, policies, and programs that save lives and reduce injuries.
- You can find safety information and research-based statistics on accidents at the Bureau of Transportation Studies.
- Information on roads and bridges and vehicle safety is available in the citizen services section of the United States Department of Transportation‘s website.
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is responsible for registering vehicles and licensing drivers, as well as maintaining accidents and convictions on driving records.
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages more than 50,000 miles of California’s highway and freeway lanes and provides inter-city rail services.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission is designed to protect the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from consumer products.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulates the trucking industry in an attempt to reduce truck crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- The Insurance Information Institute contains a wealth of insurance on car insurance, including liability coverage, how to file a claim, and safety tips on avoiding automobile collisions.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is an industry-funded nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing deaths, injuries, and property damage from crashes on the nation’s highways.
- Kelley Blue Book can be used to determine the value of your vehicle before it was damaged, which may be helpful in negotiations with the insurance company.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration strives to save lives and prevent injuries due to traffic crashes through education, research, and implementing and enforcing safety standards.
- The goal of the National Safety Council is to prevent accidental injury and death from distracted driving and other unsafe behavior.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Resources
- The American Paraplegia Society works to advance spinal cord medicine through state-of-the-art education, dissemination of information, and promotion of research and advocacy.
- The American Spinal Injury Association was created to exchange ideas and work toward the establishment of a model for care delivery to patients with spinal cord injury.
- The Center for Neural Injury and Recovery focuses on basic research into injury and recovery.
- The Center for Paralysis Research develops clinical therapies for injuries to the nervous system.
- The Center for Spinal Cord Injury Recovery is a hospital-based program providing an activity-based therapy program utilizing innovative exercise techniques to optimize recovery.
- Funds raised by the Foundation for Spinal Cord Injury Prevention, Care & Cure go to improving the quality of care for persons with serious SCI and to finding a cure for SCI.
- The mission of the International Campaign for Cures of Spinal Cord Injury Paralysis is to speed the discovery of cures for spinal cord injury paralysis.
- The Morton Cure Paralysis Fund provides information about paralysis and spinal cord injury research.
- The National Spinal Cord Injury Association educates and empowers survivors of spinal cord injury and disease to achieve and maintain the highest levels of independence, health and personal fulfillment.
- PoinTIS provides a wealth of information on SCI, including patient handbooks and a database of journal articles from the pro-cure movement.
- The mission of the Paralysis Project of America is to accelerate progress toward finding a cure for paralysis caused by SCI.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America is the leading advocate for research and education addressing spinal cord injury and dysfunction.
- The Sam Schmidt Paralysis Foundation addresses quality of life issues benefiting people with paralysis.
- The Spinal Cord Injury Information Network provides links to national organizations, government agencies, and educational resources on SCI.
- The Spinal Cord Injury Network International offers news items with links on research, legislation and other topics, links to SCI resources on the Web, a glossary, and a calendar.
- Visit the Spinal Cord Society to find out the latest in cure research.
- The United Spinal Association is a leading provider of programs and services for people with SCI.
- The Spinal Cord Injury Project at the W.M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience focuses on finding a cure for SCI through collaboration.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Resources
- The Brain Injury Association of America serves individuals and families whose lives are touched by a life-altering TBI event.
- A wealth of information on services and resources on TBI can be had at the Brain Injury Resource Center.
- Brain Line offers information, tools, and resources for people living with TBI, as well as their families, friends, and caregivers.
- The Brain Trauma Foundation conducts research and education to help improve the outcome of TBI patients.
- The California Brain Injury Association provides information, referrals, education, advocacy and support for those affected by brain injury.
- The Center for Brain and Spinal Cord Repair conducts both research and patient care, including rehabilitation.
- The Centre for Neuro Skills offers a TBI Resource Guide and other information on brain injury.
- The Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center works to find more effective treatments for SCI, eventually leading to functional repair of the injured brain and spinal cord.
- TBI Resources is devoted to providing helpful information, tools, and resources for brain injury survivors, families, friends, and caregivers.
- The TBI Survival Guide, a book written by a clinical neuropsychologist, may be accessed on-line.
- TraumaticBrainInjury seeks to be the leading resource on the Internet for brain injury survivors and their families, as well as medical and rehabilitation professionals.
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Center provides resources across a broad spectrum of needs.
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Directory provides information on services available in the Santa Clara Valley and beyond.